Survey Research Methodology
- “Who Receives Electoral Gifts? It Depends on Question Wording, Experimental Evidence From Mexico,” 2022. Political Behavior. 44(1):227–255. (with Ulises Beltrán). PDF.
- ”List Experiments, Political Sophistication, and Vote Buying. Experimental Evidence from Mexico,” 2020. Journal of Politics in Latin America. 12(2):219-234. (with Ulises Beltrán). PDF.
- "Partisanship and Question Wording Effects in Latin America. Experimental Evidence from Latin America," 2019. Public Opinion Quarterly. 3(1): 26–45. PDF
- “Who Believes in Fraud in the 2006 Mexican Presidential Election? Election Denialism, Partisan Bias, and Affective Polarization,” Conditionally Accepted. Latin American Research Review.
- “Same Scandal, Different Interpretations. Politics of Corruption, Anger, and Partisan Bias in Mexico,” Forthcoming. Journal of Elections, Public Opinion and Parties. PDF
- “The AMLO Voter. Affective Polarization and the Rise of the Left in Mexico.” 2023. Journal of Politics in Latin America. PDF
- “From Election Day to Presidential Approval: Partisanship and the Honeymoon Period in Mexico," 2022. Electoral Studies. 75(February): 102438. (with Ulises Beltrán, Sandra Ley, and René Galicia). PDF
- "Anger, Partisanship, and the Activation of Populist Attitudes in Mexico,” 2020. Politica y Gobierno. 27(2):1-37. (with Sandra Ley, and Ulises Beltrán). PDF
- "Under Friendly Fire: Partisan Press, Fragmented Opposition and Voting Behavior," 2019. Electoral Studies. 60(August): 102044. (with Sandra Botero, Laura Gamboa, Nara Pavão, and David W. Nickerson). PDF
- “Do (Perceptions of) Electoral Polling Affect Voters' Behavior? Campaign Effects, Partisan Bias, and Strategic Voting in Mexico," 2023, Revista Latinoamericana de Opinión Pública. PDF
- “How Do Campaigns Matter? Independents, Political Information, and the Enlightening Role of Campaigns in Mexico,” 2021. International Journal of Public Opinion Research. 33(4):779-798. PDF
- “Short-term and Long-term Partisanship: Campaign Effects and the Stability of Party Identification in Latin America ,” 2021. Latin American Research Review.“ 56(2):300-317. PDF
- "Do Campaigns Matter (in New Democracies)? Campaign Interest, Vote Choice, and Survey Satisficing,” Revista Latinoamericana de Opinión Pública. PDF
- “Why Do Clientelist Brokers Go Rogue? Parties, Politicians, and Intermediaries in Mexico,” 2023. Perspectives on Politics. (with Joy Langston). PDF
- "Are All Types of Wrongdoing Created Equal in the Eyes of Voters?" 2020. Journal of Elections, Public Opinion, and Parties. 31(2): 141-158. (with Sandra Botero, Laura Gamboa, Nara Pavão, and David W. Nickerson). PDF
- "Clientelistic Activation of Mexican Voters: Between Vote Buying and Political Communication," Política y Gobierno. (with Ulises Beltrán). PDF.
- “Says Who? The Importance of Contextually Credible Sources for Corruption Allegations,” 2015. Political Research Quarterly. 68 (3): 493-504. (with Sandra Botero, Laura Gamboa, Nara Pavão, and David W. Nickerson). PDF
- "Religious Engagement, Civic Skills, and Political Participation in Latin America," 2020. Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion. 59(1):101-118. (with Andre Audette and Mark Brockway). PDF
- “Expert Opinion on Extinction Risk and Climate Change Adaptation.” 2015. Elementa. 3(57). (with Debra Javeline, Jessica J. Hellmann, Jason S. McLachlan, Dov F. Sax, and Mark W. Schwartz). PDF
- "Expert Opinion on Climate Change and Threats to Biodiversity," 2014. BioScience. 63(8): 666-673. (with Debra Javeline, Jessica Hellman, and Gregory Schufeldt). PDF
- Castro Cornejo, Rodrigo and José Ángel Álvarez. 2023. “Who Approves of Marriage Equality in Mexico? Generational Gaps, Education, and the Lack of Partisan Differences,” Revista Mexicana de Opinión Pública. 34(1).
- "2018 Elections: A Historical Juncture in Mexico" (Introduction. Special Issue) 2020. Politica y Gobierno. 27(2):1-37. (with Javier Aparicio). PDF